Who are we?
Inyathelo is a non-profit organisation that works to sustain and strengthen civil society organisations and grow local philanthropy in support of a vibrant democracy in South Africa.
The three pillars of our work are: strengthening civil society as a key component in our democracy; building the capacity of higher education to raise private resources to ensure that the intellectual heart of the country continues to beat; and developing a philanthropic movement in South Africa to support both civil society and our anchor institutions.
What do we do?
- Provide Advancement and fundraising resources, training and support to NPOs
- Assist universities to establish effective Advancement and fundraising operations
- Promote the development of a philanthropic movement in South Africa
And how do we help?
- Advocate support for civil society
- Grow and share knowledge (about Advancement and sustainable giving)
- Develop capacity and skills (to create Advancement practitioners that help mobilise resources for civil society organisations and institutions)
- Provide support and advice (to institutions, civil society organisations and their staff about sustainability)