Ethical, inclusive, robust, and sustainable public interest organisations working to increase social justice and eliminate poverty and inequality supported by a strong philanthropic movement.
- Inyathelo is committed to the establishment of a strong democracy and stable civil society in South Africa and the African continent. We work with non-profit organisations, education institutions, philanthropists, corporates, governments, and international agencies and play a key role in advocating for social justice and ethical governance.
- We contribute to skills development and research that underpins sustainable organisations in civil society. Inyathelo provides high quality training, and supports collaboration, innovation and professionalism in resource mobilisation, grant seeking and grant management.
- We create enabling environments by providing support services, information sharing and dialogue, encouraging government, corporate and individual giving, thereby growing sustainable philanthropic ventures with lasting impact.
- Respect - we believe all people should have dignity and the right to self-determination.
- Commitment – we are committed to positively impacting on the organisations and institutions we serve, to fulfilling our duties and responsibilities, and delivering on our promises in the best way we can and to be accountable in all we do.
- Integrity – we act ethically with openness, honesty and trust and work continuously to build relationships of trust and act against all forms of dishonesty.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion – we strive to be compassionate, fair and just to all those we meet and work with; and to support and include communities marginalised due to class, ability, sexual orientation, gender, cultural identities, ethnicity, religious affiliations, race and geographical location.
- Collaboration and transformation – we build partnerships that power social change and enable equal access to economic, political, and social rights opportunities for all.
- Learning – we support lifelong learning and personal development that builds an awareness of self and our interconnectedness and the capacity to act in the public interest.
- Intergenerational connectedness – we recognize that the world is experiencing accelerating change, creating generational discord. We foster bridges across generations that facilitate mutual sharing of lived experiences, building successional leadership for an effective civil society.