Connecting South African Grantseekers to a world of funding opportunities!
Inyathelo is a member of the US-based Foundation Center’s Funding Information Network – one of only two organisations in Africa to be awarded such a status. Established in 1956, the Foundation Center is a leading authority on organised philanthropy, serving grantseekers, grantmakers, researchers, policymakers, the media, and the general public.
As part of the network, we provide the following Foundation Center resources:
- Foundation Directory Online Professional which contains detailed information on 108 000 foundations, corporate giving programmes and grantmaking public charities in the United States. This database allows grantseekers to search for funders that focus on countries outside of the United States such as South Africa. The Directory includes details on how to apply for grants.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online is a database of more than 8 500 funders that focus on funding for individuals for research, scholarships, fellowships and awards.
- Philanthropy In/Sight is a tool that combines the Foundation Center’s data on grantmakers and their grants with Google maps to tell the story of philanthropy. Users can create maps that reveal patterns of giving and funding relationships, assisting them to identify gaps or areas of need.
- Access to online training for grantseekers via webinars.
- Printed directories of international funders as well as proposal writing guides.
For more information about the Foundation Center resources, visit www.foundationcenter.org.